1/19/12

Brrrrrrrr, New Studio

I'm not getting much done outside as far as photos go.....it's way too cold out for me!  Ten degrees is not a temperature I want to visit often.  So I've been working on my new make shift home grown studio inside!  The space in my living room is available now, but what I'm needing is the background color!  I have one light set up so far, need to get the other one from the garage, my make shift light stand (an old lampstand) is incredibly stunning, kidding of course!  I have two reflectors, one white board from Walmart, one silver from NY Institute of Photography.  It's an ongoing project, but at least I've started.  I chose the corner between two windows because of the natural lighting it will have on those wonderful days of sunshine, natural is always better than man made from what I've been told.  We shall see!

For the next few weeks I will be testing out the lighting.  I'm going to use an egg, a white egg.  I only have brown ones, so I guess I'll be heading to the store.  Since it's so cold out, I think I'll ask my husband if he can stop on his way home from work to get me some nice large white eggs!  It will be fun learning how the lighting works out on my new subject ~ egg man!  I can probably use a piece of canvas to filter some of my home made lighting!  I'm interested to find out how it works out!  I'll have to post the results!  :)

Here are some photos of the beginning of my home studio:



All I need now is another light, a chair of some sort and people, lol!  I have people coming next weekend.  I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment